Children working outside on project
Registration & Enrollment » Registration & Enrollment

Registration & Enrollment

Welcome to Portage Township Schools! We're excited to enroll your child with us. Below, you will find the information you need to successfully complete the registration process.
Enrollment for the 2024-2025 School Year
Click here to complete the KINDERGARTEN online registration forms.
Enrollment for new and returning students for the 2024-2025 school year is OPEN!
Returning Students click here.
New Students click here.
Enrollment for the currently 2023-2024 School Year is still OPEN.
Enrolling as a new student this school year? Click here to complete your 2023-2024 New Student Registration.
Proof of Residency
All new students and students entering grades kindergarten, 3, 6, 9, and 11 will need to provide proof of residency as outlined below. The required documents can be turned in at your child's school or emailed to [email protected]. (If emailing, please include your child's name and school.)
All new students and students entering grades kindergarten, 3, 6, 9, and 11 must provide the following:
  • Parent/Guardian drivers license or state/federal ID
  • Two of the following:
  • Current lease agreement
  • Current mortgage papers
  • Current NIPSCO bill with current address
  • Current water and/or sewer bill with current address
  • Current vehicle registration
  • Recent medical bill (must be dated within the past 30 days and contain your mailing address)
  • Indiana Department of Education form I, II, or III, if applicable (forms available at your child's school)
New students and incoming kindergarteners: Provide a copy of your child's birth certificate and social security card with your proof of residency.
Curricular Fees
There are no course fees for the 2023-2024 school year. Fees from past years may be paid at your child's school, by mail to your child's school, or via our Online Fee Payment portal with a debit card, credit card, or electronic check. Information about course fees for the 2024-2025 school year will be provided as soon as possible.

Records Requests
School districts requesting student records for the transfer purposes should email [email protected].
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What should I do if I don't remember my PowerSchool Parent Portal username and password?
Call or visit your child's school, and the secretary will be able to provide you with your username and reset your password.
2. My child is currently enrolled, but I do not have a PowerSchool Parent Portal account. What should I do?
Call or visit your child's school, and the secretary will be able to set up your account for you.
3. Where can I get help with my child's registration?
Call or visit your child's school, and the secretary will be able to help you complete your child's online registration.
4. How do I register multiple children?
You will need to complete the online registration for each of your children. Their names and links to forms will be listed when you log into your PowerSchool Parent Portal.
5. How do I provide proof of residency?
You can bring your documents to your child's school or email them to [email protected]. Please include your child's name and school in the email.
6. I have multiple students in the district who need proof of residency. Can I show proof for all students at the same time?
Yes. If you are providing proof of residency for multiple children, you can include all of your children in the same email. If showing proof in person, you only need to visit one school.
7. I recently moved or plan on moving soon and cannot show proof of residency at this time. What should I do?
Contact your child's school and explain your situation. The school secretary will provide you with a timeframe for turning in your proof of residency.
8. How can I find out which school my child will attend?
Email [email protected] with your child's home address. We will contact you with the name of your child's school.
9. When can I pay my child's curricular fees for textbook, supplies, and other fees?
Curricular fees will be assessed and billed after the start of the school year.
10. My child is transferring in from another school/district. What do I need to do?
Once our new student registration is open, you will complete the new student online registration. You will then need to provide proof of residency to your child's school as outlined above. For additional help and information, click on the "Welcome to Portage" link on the home page of our website.