Quick Links for Parents
PowerSchool Parent Portal: Student Information System
PowerSchool Parent Portal
Student Information System
PowerSchool is our Student Information System (SIS). This is the foundation for many of our other programs and services, as they will pull student and parent information directly from PowerSchool. The PowerSchool Parent Portal allows you to access your child's school information. In particular, you will be able to:
- Check your child's grades at any time throughout the school year;
- Monitor your child's attendance;
- View your child's demographic information; and
- Register for the upcoming school year.
Accessing the PowerSchool Parent Portal
WEB: Access the web-based version of the PowerSchool Parent Portal here.
Logging into the PowerSchool Parent Portal
Parents and guardians of PTS students will need to create an account to access the PowerSchool Parent Portal. You will need the codes that have been generated specifically for you and your student in order to create your account. Please contact your child's school to obtain your unique code. Once you have the codes, visit http://pts.powerschool.com to create your account. You will then be able to add your children to your account. Parent and student codes will be automatically sent to kindergarten families shortly after the beginning of the school year.
For more information on Powerschool or for help with using the PowerSchool Parent Portal, visit the PowerSchool Parent Portal page on our website.
Versatrans: School Bus Transportation Information
Versatrans E-Link & My Stop
School Bus Transportation Information
Versatrans E-Link is a web-based program that allows you to view your child's bus stop, estimated pick-up time, and estimated drop-off time. You can access your account by visiting the Versatrans E-Link website.
Versatrans My Stop is an app that allows you to view the location of your child's school bus in real time. Turn on notification for My Stop, and you can receive a notification each time your child boards and departs the school bus and the location of each. The My Stop app is available in Google Play and the Apple App Store.
Logging into Versatrans E-Link and My Stop
Families can log into E-Link and My Stop using the same username and password combination. If you have logged into either E-Link or My Stop previously, your username will be your child's student ID number and the password will be the one that you created the first time you logged in. If you are logging into Versatrans E-Link or My Stop for the first time, follow the steps below.
- In the "user name" field, type in your child's student ID number. This can be found in the PowerSchool Parent Portal in the Demographics tab. (You must use the web version. The PowerSchool app does not list the ID number.)
- If this is your first time logging into Versatrans E-Link or My Stop, in the "password" field you will type in your child's birthdate as MMDDYYYY. You will be prompted to change your password. Please enter a new password and write it down for future reference.
If you do not remember your Versatrans password, please contact the PTS Transportation Department at (219)763-8080.
Titan: Food Services
Titan is a web-based platform in which families can find all information related to our PTS Food Services Department. You can complete a number of actions with your Titan account, including:
Add money to your child's lunch account;
Transfer balances from one child to another;
View lunch menus for your child's school; and
Submit and monitor your application for free/reduced meal benefits.
Sign Up for an Account
- Visit the Titan website and click on "Sign Up Today."
- Input your information.
- Once you are logged in, you will be able to add your children to your account.
All PTS students will receive free breakfast and lunch throughout the 2021-2022 school year. You are still welcome to add money to your child's account in the event they would like to purchase additional food or a la carte items at school.
E-Funds: Pay Curricular Fees Online
Pay Curricular Fees Online
Families can pay their child's curricular fees for the school year online with E-Funds. Visit the E-Funds website and either login, register for an account, or pay as a guest. You are welcome to make a payment on your child's curricular fee account at any point during the school year. Curricular fees include textbooks, workbooks, online learning tools, and other student and technology fees.
Families who receive textbook assistance will need to submit a free/reduced meals application in Titan. You may check the status of your application in Titan as well. Curricular fee accounts will show a balance until PTS receives and disburses the textbook assistance funds, typically in the spring.
Families are welcome to pay their child's curricular fees in one of four ways:
- Pay online with E-Funds.
- Call the PTS Administration Building at (219)762-6511 to make a payment over the phone.
- Visit your child's school or the PTS Administration Building to make a payment in person.
- Mail your payment to your child's school or the PTS Administration Building at 6240 U.S. Highway 6, Portage, IN 46368. Checks must be made out to Portage Township Schools and include your child's name on the memo line.
ParentSquare: Communications Platform
School and Family Communication Platform
ParentSquare is the primary communication tool for Portage Township Schools. ParentSquare provides a simple and safe way for everyone at school to connect.
With ParentSquare, you are able to:
- Receive all school and classroom communication via email, text or app
- Easily contact your child's teachers
- View the school and classroom calendar and RSVP for events
- Easily sign up to volunteer and/or bring items
WEB: Access ParentSquare on the web at http://www.parentsquare.com.
Activate your Account
- Visit www.parentsquare.com and click on the "Sign-In" button.
- In the "Sign Up/Create Password" box, enter your email address. (This must be the email address you provided at registration.)
- You will receive an activation email from ParentSquare. Follow the directions in the email to activate your account. It takes less than one minute!