Portage High School graduation is scheduled for Thursday, June 8th at 7pm at the Portage High School football field, with the gates opening at 6pm. We are expecting an extremely large amount of traffic to converge on the area between 5:30-7:00 pm. We recommend all non-graduation traffic to seek an alternative route away from Portage High School during this time.
- Northbound Airport will be closed at US 6
- Access to American Way (East and West) will be closed at Airport Road.
- The southeast entrance to PHS at American Way will be closed. (You will not be able to enter the school at this location).
Graduation Traffic should enter the school at the following locations:
- Airport at Pan am (parking in the east student lot)
- North / South Access Road from Lute Road (parking around PHS West)
- Scottsdale Road (access to the east and west lots)
Handicap Parking: DOOR O
- There is a limited amount of handicap parking.
- Those seeking handicap parking should enter at Scottsdale or the North / South access Road at Lute Road.
- Again, handicap parking spaces are limited and will fill up the closer we get to the event time.
ALL HANDICAP PARKING PERMIT/LICENSE PLATES MUST BE VISIBLE TO OFFICERS WHEN ENTERING THE HANDICAP PARKING LOCATION AT DOOR O
Graduation typically draws thousands of attendees to the area and often a large majority attempt to arrive around 6:30 or later. Even with traffic and parking plans in place, extensive delays are unavoidable, especially the closer we get to the event time. Please plan your travel time accordingly.
Bus transportation from parking lots will be provided for visitors. Please review the map below for stops.