Children working outside on project
Staff » Accident Reporting

Accident Reporting

If you are a Portage Township Schools Employee who gets injured: 

Please contact your school nurse and building administrator of any injury immediately.  You will then be given an authorization form to take to Portage Working Well , so they can evaluate your injury and determine the next appropriate step in your care. 


To ensure the Worker's Compensation claim will be properly updated and approved, all forms that are given to the employee from the visit to Portage Working Well - or any other medical facility- must be given to your Benefits Coordinator within 24-48 hours of the visit. Employees who seek medical attention on their own, before notifying their supervisor first of the injury, could be responsible for all medical expenses incurred.  


Our workers' compensation carrier is JWF.

They can be reached by phone at (800)359-6659.

If you are a PCES Employee who gets injured please contact:
Quinn Van Rys at 219-464-9607
Fax Incident Reports to Quinn Van Rys at (219) 464-0535
Email Quinn Van Rys at [email protected]

Life-Threatening injuries should be dealt with immediately by calling 911.

Direct Supervisors should still be notified as soon as possible.


Any remaining Workers' Compensation Questions should be directed to the HR/Benefits Specialist - Liz Rivera